I was hospitalized and dietician reviewed my case.
He advised me to take 2 packages of 200ml Ensure Plus supplement drink daily to add protein and nutrition to my diet.
However the one I took is made in Holland. It contains milk protein and it is not certified as lactose free. As I have IBS cum lactose intolerance, thus I highlighted this facts to him.
He told me to take and observe.
He told me to take and observe.
I started to take one on Saturday after colonoscopy, two on Sunday, then I had mucus in loose stool on Monday early morning 6am.
Initially I did not think it may be the cause, so I took it on 9am and 2.50pm. I went straight to toilet at 3pm. There is more mucus forming loose stool.
Dairy products such as Milk with lactose encourage the secretion of mucus by the membranes and prevent the uptake of nutrients. Thus it is not good for my IBD condition. I did not take any other food that is mucus forming. Thus I will need to stop taking it for the time being and observe.
No comments:
Post a Comment